Industrial Wind Power does not reduce dependence on foreign oil
- Industrial wind produces only electricity.
- Roughly 1% of American electricity is generated through oil, less than 2.5% through petroleum-based sources.
- Even if 100% of our electricity could be generated by wind, it would have no material impact on foreign oil dependence.
Industrial wind can never replace traditional methods of power generation
The wind is completely unreliable, so the power infrastructure must be built as if industrial wind doesn’t exist. At best, wind can only supply additional electricity. Wind cannot replace conventional power generation.
- All conventional generators are highly reliability. Wind provides zero reliability. Reliability is known as “capacity value” in the power industry.
- Wind can only provide electricity to a grid, not capacity or modern power performance.
- Because wind is constantly unreliable, the power infrastructure must be built as if industrial wind doesn’t exist.
- At best wind can only supply additional electricity. Wind cannot replace conventional generators.